Thursday, February 11, 2010

Walk, Walk, Fashion Baby (RIP Alexander McQueen)

Just hours ago, I found out British fashion designer Alexander McQueen died. It's amazing to see the reaction when going to a "fashion" school- almost every single one of my classmates (myself included) has some variation of "RIP Alexander McQueen" on our facebook statuses. McQueen has certainly made an impression on us.
While I would never pay more than $40 for a pair of shoes at this point in my life (poor poor lil college student!) I will stop to admire a good pair of heels any day. McQueen's "lobster claw" shoes, in addition to his other heels I've posted below, have earned a lot of my respect. Considering the 2000s have been filled with fads copying fads in the past, I'm always open to new concepts, no matter how outrageous they are. McQueen had a lot to offer and I hope other designers will take where he left off, bringing 2010 into a fresh new look. To quote 95% of my classmates, via their statuses, "RIP Alexander McQueen." Rest in Peace.





No comments:

Post a Comment