Monday, February 15, 2010

Goal:

One of the many classes I'm taking is in Small Store Retail, where we learn the ins and outs of running a store. When I got to really thinking about what kind of business I would run, if given a chance, I began to realize what kind of business I'd love to open- an old fashioned toy store!

This, of course, is more wishful thinking than anything. With Toys R Us, Walmart, and other retailers offering discounted prices on toys, I would have to really search hard to find an area with customers that would be willing to pay a little more for the "small store" feel. But if such a thing was possible, can you imagine how amazing that would be? When I grew up, there was a store called "Town Fair" which was packed with toys. It was so breathtaking to walk in, with the old architecture, the wide selection of toys...it was like heaven for a young kid. Right now, I'm thinking I might try to get a job at "Toys R Us" and maybe when I graduate, try to get into their merchandising program. After working in the company for a while, I might have a solid idea for how to run a toy store. And then, who knows? Maybe it'll happen! Until then, it's just a little thought in the back of my mind. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment