Friday, February 12, 2010

Valentines Day Plans!

Valentines Day!...some consider it "Single Awareness Day," others write it off as a "Hallmark Holiday"...a random day boyfriends are obligated to buy flowers and chocolates and girls have no idea what to get the guys. But despite my single status, I love Valentines Day. Maybe it's because it's my parents' anniversary (adorable, right?!)or maybe it's because I love to eat sweets (....ehhh not so adorable, hahaha) but I think there's nothing wrong with a holiday that encourages friends and couples to exchange affection in forms of words and chocolate. Why don't we do it more often? It's not a test of affection or a competition to see who is "more loved." It is an effort made to prove that people care. Last Valentines Day, my best friend decorated my dorm door. This year we celebrate the holiday together again. What can compete with that? Nothing. I hope none of you pass up this day to cherish others and be cherished. Happy Valentines Day!

* * * * * * * *



* * * * * * *

plans this weekend:

get cupcakes from Magnolias...



then get pinkberry....


sneak them into the movies


...and maybe do some ice skating to burn those calories off!
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment