Monday, April 26, 2010

Things that made me fall in love with Fashion

Funny Face ;)
THINK PINK!

Here's a video of the song

101 Dalmatians

That section in the fashion house....I drew a million sketches after watching that movie...of course, not with dog's fur :P

Star Wars

While I think the new movies paled in comparison to the classics (yes, I went there...TRL, I am a Star Wars Nerd) and Carrie Fisher's Princess Lea>Natalie Portman's Padme, I will forever remember sitting in the movie theater and gasping over Queen Amidala's outfits...oh yeah, and then I got an encyclopedia about clothing in my hands and found out some of her looks were copied from ancient Asian royalty. I was especially proud of myself when I found out that :P

Breakfast at Tiffany's

I'm so so sorry, this is so so cliche and I feel like every single girl in the world has at one point referenced Breakfast at Tiffany's, especially at Fashion school- it's like The Red Shoes is to dancers- but anyhow, anyone who knows me and has been in my room has seen my countless Audrey photos and knows I pretty much adore her, so I guess it's ok...well, at least pathetic. ANYWAY, it REALLY started when I saw this movie. I was a junior in high school and after this, I started believing sophistication trumps fast fashion. This is the movie that made me want to live in New York City, this is the movie that made me want to write movies, this was the movie that started it all.

that said...
Sabrina

After seeing "Breakfast at Tiffany's" I watched other Audrey movies, one being Sabrina. That made me get my hair cut short. BIG mistake, but life moves on.

What has inspired you?

2 comments:

  1. oh my gosh. the funny face video! I am totally stealing that at some point. I forgot all about that guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5nd6QteDR8 = LOVE. :D

    -Becca

    ReplyDelete